REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before working around the steering column. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
- If equipped, disable the SIR system, as outlined in . Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the tilt lever (if equipped) by pulling it firmly out from the steering column
- Snap off the upper steering column cover by gently prying between it and the bottom cover.
- Remove the lower steering column cover screws and lower the steering column cover.
- Remove the 2 switch mounting screws and remove the switch.
- Detach all wire connectors from the multi-function switch. Push locking tabs to remove the wires.
- Attach all wire connectors to the multi-function switch.
- Install the multi-function switch to the column and secure with the 2 attaching screws.
- Install the lower steering column cover screws and lower steering column cover.
- Install the upper steering column cover by snapping it in place.
- Install the tilt lever (if removed) by firmly snapping it into the steering column.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Enable the SIR system, if equipped.