- Raise the vehicle and safely support it with jackstands, then remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper or drum.
- If necessary to provide clearance, remove the brake shoes, as outlined in of this guide.
- Using a large C-clamp and socket, press the stud from the axle flange.
- Coat the serrated part of the stud with liquid soap and place it into the hole.
- Position about 4 flat washers over the stud and thread the lug nut. Hold the flange while tightening the lug nut, and the stud should be drawn into position. MAKE SURE THE STUD IS FULLY SEATED, then remove the lug nut and washers.
- If applicable, install the brake caliper or shoes.
- Install the brake disc or drum.
- Install the wheel, then remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the lug nuts to the proper torque.