REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Make sure the wipers are in the PARK position. This is when the wipers are off and fully down.
- Disconnect the washer hose from the washer nozzle
- Remove the cover from the wiper arm nut.
- Unfasten the nut from the wiper arm assembly and the wiper transmission assembly driveshaft.
- Remove the wiper arm assembly from the pivot by rocking.
- If necessary, replace the blade refill (element) as outlined in of this guide.
Install the wiper arm assembly on the transmission driveshaft.
- Put the ignition switch in the ACCY position.
- Set the wiper switch to the PULSE position. The windshield wiper system should be operating.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF when wipers are in this innerwipe position and not moving.
- Install the wiper arm assembly on the transmission drive shaft while maintaining a distance of 1.3 in. (33mm) for the left hand side or 1.7 in. (42mm) for the right hand side between the wiper blade assembly and the bottom of the windshield (see accompanying figure for details).
- Install the retaining nut on the wiper transmission driveshaft and wiper arm assembly. Tighten the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm), then install the cover on the nut.
- Attach the washer hose to the washer nozzle.
- Operate the wipers and check for proper operation.
The only adjustment for the wiper arms is to remove an arm from the transmission shaft, rotate the arm the required distance and direction and then install the arm back in position so it is in line with the blackout line on the glass. The wiper motor must be in the park position before performing this. Refer to accompanying figure for details.