REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system, using the proper equipment. Refer to Routine Maintenance for proper discharging procedure.
- Disconnect the suction, discharge hoses and electrical connector at the compressor. Plug all open hoses to prevent contamination.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right fender extension and oil filter. Loosen the compressor drive belt.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts and compressor.
- Install the compressor and mounting bolts. Tighten compressor lower and upper mounting bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the right fender extension and oil filter. Adjust the compressor drive belt.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the suction, discharge hoses and electrical connector at the compressor. Tighten compressor pipe fitting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.