REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the compressor hose. Disconnect the inlet hose to the receiver/drier. Plug all open hoses to prevent contamination.
- Remove the hood latch and lock assembly, Metro only.
- Disconnect the condenser cooling fan connector.
- Remove the condenser retaining bolts, condenser, cooling fan and receiver/drier.
- Install the condenser and cooling fan assembly. Tighten condenser mounting bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Add 0.7-1.0 oz. of refrigerant oil to the condenser before connecting hoses.
- Connect the inlet and outlet hoses to the assembly. Tighten hoses to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connectors.
- Install the hood latch and lock. Tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Evacuate and recharge the system.