See Figure 1
When the cycling refrigerant pressure drops due to leakage, a control switch stops further compressor rotation by turning off the compressor and condenser fan. The switch is located on top of the receiver/drier assembly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector at the receiver/drier.
- With the ignition key and air conditioning switch ON , disconnect the dual pressure switch connector and install a jumper wire between the 2 terminals.
- If the compressor engages and the refrigerant pressures are normal, the switch is defective.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the switch from the receiver/drier.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Use thread sealing tape before installing the dual pressure switch.