REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the glove compartment, as required.
- Disconnect all electrical wiring and cables from the blower case.
- Remove the blower case retaining bolts and case assembly.
- Disconnect and plug the inlet and outlet lines to the evaporator.
- Remove the upper and lower housing retaining bolts and remove the evaporator assembly from the vehicle.
- Separate the case housing and remove the evaporator core.
- Install the evaporator core and assemble the case housing.
- Install the housing, upper and lower housing retaining bolts. Tighten mounting bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the inlet and outlet lines to the evaporator. Tighten inlet pipe to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm) and outlet pipe to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the blower case and retaining bolts.
- Connect all electrical wiring and cables to the blower case.
- Install the glove compartment, if removed.
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.