REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the evaporator assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the clamps to separate the upper and lower halves.
- Using backup wrenches, remove the expansion valve from the evaporator.
- Install the expansion valve on the evaporator and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the clamps to join the upper and lower halves.
- Install the evaporator assembly in the vehicle.
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.