REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the electrical connector at the engine wiring harness.
- Remove the harness from the retaining clamps.
- Remove the switch from the transaxle.
- Place the transaxle in the N position.
- Turn the shift switch assembly joint clockwise or counterclockwise until a distinct click noise is heard.
- Install the switch and tighten the bolt to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install the harness retaining clips and connect the electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Ensure the starter motor operates only when the transaxle shift lever is in the P or N positions and does not operate when in the D , 2 , L or R positions.