Coated steel brake pipes thread into a flexible brake hose near each wheel. This design provides needed flexibility with moving suspension components.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the wheel and tire.
- Clean dirt and foreign material from pipes and fittings.
- Remove the E-clip and hose from brake hose bracket.
- Remove hose at brake hose pipe and caliper by removing union bolt.
- Install brake hose at brake pipe and caliper. Tighten brake pipe fitting to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm) and union bolt to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Install hose on brake hose bracket and secure with E-clip.
- Install wheel and tire. Lower vehicle.
- Flush and bleed brake system.