RELEASE ARM PLAY
See Figure 1
- At the transaxle, move the clutch release arm to check the free-play, it should be 0.08-0.16 in. on Sprint and 0.06-0.08 in. on Metro.
- If necessary, turn the clutch cable joint nut to adjust the cable length.
The clutch pedal height should be adjusted so the clutch pedal is the exact same height as the brake pedal. The pedal is adjusted at the stop bolt on the upper end of the pedal pivot.
CLUTCH START SWITCH
- Apply the parking brake firmly and place the gear shift lever in N position.
- Disconnect the lead wire at the switch.
- Loosen the locknut and screw the switch out.
- Depress clutch pedal all the way to the floor and then return it back 0.4-1.1 in. along its travel from the floor.
- Connect an ohmmeter to the switch and slowly screw the switch in until the switch is ON . Hold the switch at this position and tighten the locknut to 8-11 ft. lbs. (10-15 Nm).
- Connect the lead wire.