REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Relieve fuel system pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove intake air hose between throttle body and intercooler.
- Remove accelerator cable.
- Unclamp PCV and fuel return hoses from deliver pipe.
- Unclamp injector wiring harness.
- Disconnect injector coupler.
- Remove cold start injector pipe from delivery pipe.
- Remove vacuum hose from pressure regulator.
- Remove fuel feed hose from delivery pipe.
- Remove pressure regulator from delivery pipe.
- Remove delivery pipe with injectors.
- Remove injectors from delivery pipe.
- Replace injector O-rings and lubricate with fuel.
Make sure injectors rotate smoothly. If not, probable cause is incorrect installation of O-ring.
- Check if insulator is scored or damaged. If it is, replace with new one.
- Connect delivery pipe with injectors.
- Install pressure regulator to delivery pipe using a new O-ring.
- Install fuel feed hose to delivery pipe.
- Install vacuum and fuel return hoses to pressure regulator and clamp securely.
- Install cold start injector pipe to delivery pipe using new gaskets.
- Install injector coupler. Clamp injector wiring harness.
- Install PCV hose to cylinder head.
- Install throttle position sensor coupler.
- Install accelerator cable and adjust free-play.
- Install intake air hose to throttle body and intercooler.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start engine and check for leaks.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Using a sound scope, check if injector make proper operating sounds in proportion to engine speed when engine is running or being cranked.
- If check result is not satisfactory, it means that defect exists in injector, wiring harness, connector or ECM.
- Remove coupler of injector and check resistance between terminals. Resistance should be 13.8 ohms at 68°F (20°C).
- Perform injector balance test.