PICK-UP COIL AIR GAP ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 1
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor.
- Using a nonmagnetic thickness gauge, measure the air gap between the pole piece tooth and pick-up coil.
- Air gap should be 0.009-0.015 in. (0.2-0.4 mm). If the gap is out of specification, adjust it.
- Remove the module and loosen the screws securing pick-up coil. Using a screw driver, move the generator pick-up coil and adjust the gap to specification.
- After adjustment tighten screws and recheck gap. Install module, rotor and distributor cap.