The coolant temperature sending unit is located in the thermostat housing next to the radiator fan thermostat switch. This unit activates the coolant temperature gage in the instrument cluster.
REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system below the level of the thermostat housing.
- Disconnect the coolant temperature sending unit electrical connector.
- Remove the sending unit from the thermostat housing.
- Coat the sending unit with sealant and install in the thermostat housing.
- Connect the coolant temperature sending unit electrical connector.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.