Conventional Spark Control Ignition
- Remove the dust cover from the module.
- Disconnect the red and white wires from the module.
- Connect an ohmmeter, a bulb and a 12 volt battery as shown in the illustration.
- Set the ohmmeter to the 1-10 ohm range.
- Touch the negative probe to the red wire terminal and the positive probe to the white wire terminal.
Do not connect the ohmmeter in reverse as this will damage the module.
- If the bulb is illuminated, the module is assumed good.
REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor and place it in a suitable holding device.
- Remove the distributor cap if not already removed.
- Remove the rotor by pulling upward with a twist.
- Remove the pickup coil and module dust covers.
- Disconnect the wires from the ignition module.
- Remove the module attaching screws from the outside of the distributor housing.
- Remove the ignition module.
- Install the ignition module. As necessary, adjust the pole piece air gap to specification and tighten the attaching screws to 44 inch lbs.. (5 Nm).
- Connect the ignition module wires.
- Install the dust covers.
- Install the rotor
- Install the distributor cap.
- Install the distributor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and adjust the ignition timing to specification.