A temperature switch is used to control the operation of the radiator fan. The switch closes (continuity) at 208-215°F (98-102°C) to turn the fan ON. The switch is closed when the coolant temperature (no continuity) when the coolant temperature is 199-206°F (93-97°C) to turn the fan OFF.
REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system below the level of the thermostat housing.
- Disconnect the radiator fan thermostat switch electrical connector.
- Remove the switch from the thermostat housing.
- Coat the thermostat switch with sealant and install in the thermostat housing.
- Connect the radiator fan thermostat switch electrical connector.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.