See Figures 1 and 2
Refer to the wiring diagrams in Chassis Electrical for proper terminal identification. The radiator fan relay is located in the fuse and relay box on the left side of the engine compartment, near the battery. The radiator fan thermostat switch is located in the thermostat housing.
REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect the electrical connector from the cooling fan motor.
- Remove the fan shroud-to-radiator frame bolts and the fan/shroud assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the fan blade-to-motor nut, fan blade and washer.
- Remove the fan-to-shroud bolts and the fan motor from the shroud.
- Install the fan motor in the shroud.
- Install the fan blade on the motor.
- Install the fan shroud on the radiator and tighten bolts to 89 inch lbs.. (10 Nm).
- Connect the fan motor electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test fan motor for proper operation.