REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
- Relieve the fuel system pressure on fuel injected vehicles.
- Using a scratch awl, scribe the hood hinge-to-hood outline, then, using an assistant remove the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly. Remove the radiator assembly along with the cooling fan.
- Disconnect and tag all necessary electrical connections.
- Disconnect and tag all necessary vacuum lines.
- Disconnect, tag and plug all necessary fuel lines.
- Disconnect the heater inlet and outlet hoses.
Disconnect the following cables:
- The accelerator cable from the throttle body or carburetor.
- The clutch cable from the transaxle (for manual transaxle models).
- The gear select cable and the oil pressure control cable from the transaxle (for automatic transaxle models).
- The speedometer cable from the transaxle.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle safely.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold.
- Disconnect the gear shift control shaft and the extension to the transaxle for (manual transaxle mode