REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Drill a small hole in the leaking freeze plug and allow the coolant to drain.
- Remove any components that restrict access to the freeze plug.
- Using a chisel, tap the bottom edge of the freeze plug to cock it in the bore. Remove the plug using pliers.
- An alternate method is to drill an 1 / 8 " hole in the plug and remove it using a dent puller.
- Clean the freeze plug hole and using an appropriate driver tool or socket, install the freeze plug into the hole. Coat the freeze plug with sealer before installation.
- Fill the engine with coolant, install the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.