REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the cylinder head cover.
- Remove the distributor.
- Remove the timing belt and tensioner.
- Remove the camshaft.
- Remove the HVL adjusters from the cylinder head.
- Pour engine oil through camshaft journal oil holes and check that oil comes out from oil holes in HVL adjuster bores.
Always replace the HVL adjusters in the order they were removed.
- Apply engine oil around adjuster and then install HVL adjusters in cylinder head.
- Install the camshaft.
- Install the timing belt and tensioner.
- Install the distributor.
- Install the cylinder head cover.
- Make all necessary adjustments.