REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- On fuel injected models, relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Label and disconnect all electrical connectors from the intake manifold.
- Label and disconnect the fuel return and feed hoses from the throttle body or carburetor.
- Disconnect the water hoses from the throttle body and the intake manifold.
- Label and disconnect all vacuum hoses from the intake manifold.
- Remove the air intake hose from intercooler to throttle body on turbocharged models.
- Disconnect the PCV hose from the cylinder head cover.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle body or carburetor.
- Disconnect any other lines and cables, as necessary.
- Remove the intake manifold with the throttle body or carburetor from the cylinder head.
- Install the intake manifold to the cylinder head, using a new gasket, install the clamps and tighten the intake manifold retaining bolts to 17 ft. lbs.. (23 Nm).
- Reinstall all vacuum and water hoses.
- Install the fuel feed and return hoses.
- Install all electrical lead wires.
- Install the air intake hose from intercooler to throttle body on turbocharged models.
- Install the accelerator cable to the throttle body or carburetor.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Fill the cooling system and reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for vacuum leaks.