REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the flywheel dust cover.
- Remove the exhaust pipe at the exhaust manifold.
- Remove the oil pan bolts, the pan and the oil pump strainer.
- Clean the oil pan and oil pump strainer screen. Clean the gasket mating surfaces.
- Install the oil pump strainer with a new seal. Secure with bolt and tighten to 97 inch lbs.. (11 Nm).
- Apply a continuous bead of RTV sealant to the engine oil pan and install. Tighten the oil pan bolts to 9 ft. lbs.. (11 Nm).
- Install the oil pan drain plug with a new gasket and tighten to 26 ft. lbs.. (35 Nm).
- Install the exhaust pipe at the exhaust manifold.
- Install the flywheel dust cover.
- Lower the vehicle and fill the engine with oil.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for proper oil pressure.