REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the transaxle from the vehicle.
- On manual transaxle equipped models, remove the pressure plate assembly and clutch disc.
- Mark the flywheel-to-engine position.
- Remove the flywheel retaining bolts and flywheel from the crankshaft.
- Remove the rear main seal attaching bolts.
It may be necessary to loosen the oil pan bolts to allow clearance for rear main seal removal.
- Remove the rear main seal.
- Lubricate and install the rear main seal.
- Apply Loctite® sealant, or equivalent, to the flywheel retaining bolt threads.
- Install the flywheel and secure with retaining bolts. Tighten bolts to 41-47 ft. lbs.. (56-64 Nm).
- On manual transaxle equipped vehicles, install the pressure plate and clutch disc.
- Install the transaxle.