REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the spark plug wire retaining clips. Lay the spark plug wires aside.
- Disconnect the PCV valve hose.
- Remove the nuts and seal washers located under the nuts.
- Remove the valve cover from the cylinder head.
- Apply a small amount of silicone sealant to the corners of the new valve cover gasket.
Be sure not to block the oil drain hole, located at the front of the cylinder head opening, with silicone sealant. This could cause excessive oil pressure with the cylinder head, resulting in a possible oil leak.
- Install the new gasket.
- Install the valve cover and secure with new seal washers and nuts. Tighten nuts to 44 inch lbs.. (5 Nm).
- Install the spark plug wire retaining clips. Route the spark plug wires in their original position.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.