REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Drain cooling system to a level below the thermostat.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors at the thermostat cap.
- Remove the inlet hose, cap mounting bolts and the thermostat from the thermostat housing.
- Clean the gasket mounting surfaces. Ensure that the thermostat air bleed hose is clear.
- Install thermostat into housing with the spring side down.
- Install the thermostat housing using a new gasket. Tighten bolts to 15 ft. lbs.. (20 Nm).
- Install the inlet hose and tighten clap securely.
- Fill cooling system.
- Connect the battery negative cable. Start engine and check for leaks.