REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Remove the timing belt cover and timing belt.
After the timing belt is removed, never turn the camshaft or crankshaft independently. If turned, interference may occur among the pistons, and valves and parts related to the pistons and valves may be damaged.
- Using a 0.39 in. (10mm) inserted into the camshaft, hold the camshaft sprocket and remove the retaining bolt, camshaft sprocket, alignment pin and inside cover.
- Using a suitable spanner wrench, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt and the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the crankshaft sprocket, aligning the keyway with the key. Tighten the crankshaft sprocket bolt to 81 ft. lbs.. (110 Nm).
- Install the camshaft sprocket and tighten the bolt to Torque the camshaft bolt to 44 ft. lbs.. (60 Nm). Remove the locking rod.
- Align the "V" mark on the timing belt cover with the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket and the arrow mark on the engine block with the punch mark on the crankshaft timing sprocket.
- Install the timing belt and cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.