REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the cylinder head from the engine.
- Remove the camshaft and, as required, the rocker arms.
- Number and remove the valves from the engine.
- Using a valve guide remover press the valve guide out from the combustion chamber side to the valve spring side of the cylinder head.
Never reuse a valve guide once removed from the cylinder head.
- Ream the valve guide hole in the cylinder head to remove burrs.
- Heat the cylinder head uniformly at a temperature of 176-212°F (80-100°C) so that the head will not be dis