REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door stopper pin.
- Matchmark the hinges to the body for installation reference.
- Support the door using a floor jack with a piece of wood placed between the jack and panel.
- Remove the door hinge bolts and then remove the door.
- Using the jack, position the door and install hinge bolts. Align the door to the reference marks.
- Loosely tighten the hinge bolts and close the door lightly to check alignment.
- Align door and tighten hinge bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- As necessary, align door striker by loosening the screws and adjusting.
- Install the door stopper pin.
Door adjustment is made by loosening the mounting bolts and/or striker and adjusting position as required. Position the door so that a clearance of 0.20-0.26 in. exists between the door and the rocker panel, fender or other door. The door should be flush within 0.04 in.