REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise hood and suitably support.
- Install protective covers over fenders to prevent paint damage.
- Mark the position of the hinges to the hood for installation reference.
A helper is necessary to hold the hood during removal.
- Remove the hinge bolts and lift the hood from the vehicle.
- Align the hood with the marks made during removal.
- Install the hinge bolts but do not tighten fully.
- Adjust the hood to obtain the proper clearances.
- Tighten hood hinge bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
Hood adjustment is made by loosening the mounting bolts slightly and repositioning the hood. Always use an assistant during this procedure. The hood, when loosened, may come in contact with other painted surfaces and cause damage to their finish. Position the hood so that a clearance of 0.60 in. exists between the hood and cowl vent grille, a clearance of 0.20 in. exists between the hood and head lamps, and a clearance of 0.15 in. exists between the hood and fenders. The hood should be flush within 0.04 in.