REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the ball joint nut and bolt. Separate the ball joint from the knuckle.
- Remove the control arm front mounting bracket bolts.
- Remove 2 bolts and the control arm rear mounting bracket.
- Remove the control arm and the front mounting bracket from the vehicle.
- Install the control arm to the vehicle and secure with 4 bolts. Do not fully tighten the bolts.
- Install the ball joint to the knuckle and secure with nut and bolt.
- Tighten control arm rear mounting bracket bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm); front mounting bracket bolts to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm) and ball joint nut and bolt to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Install wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check front wheel alignment.