- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the composite bulb electrical connector.
- Loosen the bulb locking cap by rotating counterclockwise.
- Pull the bulb with lock cap from the housing.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
A professional headlamp aiming is recommended. This headlamp alignment procedure is given as an aid to adjusting grossly misadjusted lamps.
- Place the vehicle on level ground facing a wall or garage door.
- At dusk, shine the low beams onto the garage door or wall 2-3 feet away.
- Place a horizontal mark on the top edges of the bright spot (center) on the door or wall.
- Move the car about 25 feet straight back. The top of the low beam should shine no higher than the marks on the door or wall.
- Make the necessary adjustments using the adjustment screws at the side and top or bottom of the headlamp. These screws are accessible without removing any hardware.