See Figure 1
- At the console, loosen the gear shift control housing nuts and the guide plate bolts.
- Adjust the guide plate by displacing it toward the front and rear so that the gear shift control lever is brought in the middle of the guide plate at the right angle.
- Once the guide plate is positioned properly, tighten the guide plate bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm) and then the housing nuts to 4 ft. lbs. (5 Nm).
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the clutch switch electrical connector.
- Depress the clutch pedal to the floor and return to within 0.6-0.12 in. of its travel from the floor.
- Attach a ohmmeter to the clutch switch connector.
- Adjust the clutch switch until continuity is obtained.
- Tighten the clutch switch to 115 inch lbs. (13 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector.