REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Raise rear axle assembly and place jackstands under suspension.
- Disconnect lower portion of rear shock, as required. Remove the rear axle U-bolt nuts.
- Remove shackle nuts and leaf spring front nut.
- Pull out leaf spring front bolt and remove leaf spring from shackle pin.
- Install front bolt and shackle pins with the threads facing outward. Tighten shackle pin nuts to 22-39 ft. lbs. (30-55 Nm). Tighten front bolt to 33-50 ft. lbs. (45-70 Nm).
- Position axle on spring by aligning leaf spring pin with hole in underside of axle.
- Install bump stopper.
- Align leaf spring underside pin with hole in spring seat. Install U-bolts from bump stopper side towards spring seat side and tighten to 22-32 ft. lbs. (30-45 Nm).
- Install lower portion of shock, if removed.
- Inspect all components for tightness and proper alignment. Lower the vehicle.