REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
To facilitate the toe-in adjustment after reinstallation, confirm which one of the lines stamped on the washer is in the closest alignment with the stamped line on the control rod. If not marked, add the alignment marks.
- Remove the brake hose from the control rod by pulling off the E-ring.
- Remove the outside (wheel side) of the control rod from the rear knuckle stud bolt.
- Remove the rear spring.
- Remove the outermost control arm mounting bolts. Remove the washer and bushing as required.
- Remove the inner control arm mounting bolt and nut. Hold the inside bolt with another wrench to prevent it from turning as the nut is turned.
- Remove the control arm from the vehicle.
- Install the control arm onto the vehicle. Install the bushing assembly and mounting bolts to the outer portion of the arm.
- Install the inner mounting bolt and nut. Hold the inside bolt with another wrench to prevent it from turning as the nut is turned. Tighten mounting bolt to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the lower knuckle to arm mounting bolt and nut, tightening to specifications.
- Install the outside (wheel side) of the control rod to the rear knuckle stud bolt. Tighten bolt to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the brake hose and secure with the E-ring.
- Lower the vehicle. Check and adjust the rear alignment.