Replace the cleaner element every 30,000 miles (50,000 km). Replace more often under dusty conditions. Replace the crankcase vent filter if so equipped.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Loosen and remove the air cleaner wing nut.
- Unlatch the 4 upper air cleaner case clamps, as required.
- Remove the air cleaner upper case and remove the air cleaner element.
- Inspect all hoses leading to the air cleaner. Replace the hoses if cracked or damaged.
- Clean the inside of the air cleaner base of debris and install a new element. Ensure the recess in the air cleaner element fits properly into the air cleaner base.
- Install the upper air cleaner case.
- Latch the upper air cleaner case clamps, as required.
- Install and tighten the air cleaner wind nut.