Inspect the PCV system for proper operation every 30,000 miles (50,000 km). If the engine is idling rough, check for a clogged PCV valve or plugged hose.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the air cleaner assembly and lay it aside.
- Locate the PCV valve at the intake manifold between the throttle body/carburetor and the valve cover.
- Loosen the hose clamps and remove the PCV hose.
- Loosen and remove the PCV attaching bar.
- Pull the PCV valve from the intake manifold.
- Inspect the valve for operation: (1) Shake it to see if the valve is free; (2) Blow through it (air will pass in one direction only).
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.