REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Tie Rod End
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the cotter pin and castle nut from the ball joint.
- Remove the tie rod end from the knuckle using a ball joint separator.
- Loosen the locknut on the threaded end of the tie rod.
- Unscrew the tie rod end from the tie rod. Note the number of turns necessary for removal.
- Screw the new tie rod end onto the tie rod the exact number of turns necessary to remove the old tie rod end. This will allow the alignment to be close enough to drive the vehicle to the alignment shop.
- Tighten the locknut to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Install the castle nut and tighten to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm). Install the cotter pin.
- Install the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the front wheel alignment.