REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The air valve is calibrated at the factory and is not serviceable. No attempt should be made to remove it from the throttle body. If the air valve is defective, the throttle body must be replaced as an assembly.
See Figure 1
Use care not to submerse throttle body in water to prevent possible damage due to corrosion. Only the air valve should be submersed in water.
- Remove the throttle body assembly.
- Separate the throttle body halves.
- Remove the coolant temperature sensor.
- Immerse air valve in water.
- Check that air valve closes as the water temperature rises. The valve should fully close at 140°F (60°C). If it does not, replace the valve.
- Install the coolant temperature sensor.
- Join the upper and lower halves of the throttle body using a new gasket.
- Tighten attaching screws to 3-5 ft. lbs. (4-7 Nm).
- Install throttle body on intake manifold using a new gasket. Tighten bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).