REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the wheel covers.
- With the wheels still on the ground, loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the lug nuts and the wheel and tire assembly.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Install and tighten the lug nuts securely using a star pattern.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the lug nuts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm) using a star pattern.
- Install the wheel cover.
The original equipment tires have built-in tread wear indicators to show when tires need replacement. These indicators will appear as 0.47 in. wide bands when the tire tread depth becomes 0.063 in. When the indicators appear in 3 or more grooves at 6 locations, tire replacement is recommended.
Irregular and premature tire wear has many causes. Some of them are: incorrect inflation pressures, lack of regular rotation, driving habits, or improper wheel alignment. If wheel alignment is reset due to tire wear condition, always reset toe as close to zero degrees as the specification allows.
If the following conditions are noted, rotate the tires:
Check wheel alignment if the following conditions are noted: