REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Please re-read the air conditioning section in Routine Maintenance so that the system may be discharged properly. Always wear eye protection and gloves when discharging the system. Observe no smoking/no open flame rules.
- Safely discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the grille and the hood lock brace.
- Disconnect the flexible discharge hose from the condenser inlet fitting. Use 2 wrenches, one to counterhold the fitting and one to turn. Failure to counterhold the fitting may result in damage to the lines.
- Disconnect the liquid line from the condenser outlet. Again, use 2 wrenches.
- Cap the open lines immediately to prevent moisture from entering the system.
- Remove the 4 bolts holding the condenser and remove the condenser. Take great care not to damage the fins on the condenser during removal.
- When reinstalling, make sure the rubber cushions fit on the mounting flange correctly.
- Install the 4 bolts holding the condenser.
- Connect the liquid line to the condenser and tighten it to 10 ft. lbs.
- Connect the flexible discharge hose and tighten it to 16 ft. lbs.
The lightweight fittings on the lines and hoses are easily damaged. Do not overtighten the threaded fittings.
- Install the front grille and hood lock brace.
- If a different condenser was installed, add 1.4-1.7 oz. of compressor oil to the compressor.
- Evacuate and recharge the system.