REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
To avoid personal injury, use the TECH I Scan tool to relieve the gear tension in the hydraulic modulator. This is a function of the TECH I Scan tool and must be performed prior to removal of the brake control and motor assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the hydraulic modulator and solenoid electrical connectors.
- Wrap a shop towel around the hydraulic brake lines and disconnect the 6 brake lines from the modulator.
Cap the disconnected lines to prevent the loss of fluid and the entry of moisture and contaminants.
- Remove the 3 bolts attaching the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vehicle.
- Remove the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vehicle. Install the 3 attaching bolts and tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
- Connect the 6 brake pipes to the modulator assembly. Tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the hydraulic modulator and solenoid electrical connectors.
- Properly bleed the system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.