REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On Prizm vehicles, remove the top of the air cleaner and the intake duct. Remove the charcoal canister mounting nuts.
- Remove the brake master cylinder from the booster.
- Remove the vacuum hose from the booster.
- Inside the car, disconnect the pedal return spring. Disconnect the clip and the clevis pin.
- Remove the brake booster retaining nuts. It will be helpful to have a helper support the booster while the nuts are loosened.
- Remove the booster from the engine compartment.
- When reinstalling, have a helper hold the booster in position while you install the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 9.5 ft. lbs. (115 inch lbs.)
- Install the clevis pin and clip, then install the pedal return spring.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the booster.
- Install the master cylinder onto the booster and tighten the nuts to 9.5 ft. lbs. (115 inch lbs.)
- On Prizm vehicles, install the charcoal canister mounting bolts and install the air cleaner top and intake duct.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the brake system.