REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- On Nova, remove the bolt holding the battery retainer and remove the retainer. On Prizms, remove the front retainer bolt first, then the rear retainer bolt and the retainer.
- Remove the battery. You are reminded that the battery is a fairly heavy item. Use care in lifting it out of the car.
- The new battery is installed in the reverse order of removal. Make certain that the retainer is correctly placed and its bolts are tight. Connect the positive cable first, then the negative cable.
Removing the battery may require resetting various digital equipment such as radio memory and the clock.