REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
It is advisable to use two people while removing the hood from the vehicle. The hood is lightweight metal and can be easily damaged by twisting or dropping it.
- Open the hood and support with the prop rod.
- Mark the hinge location on the hood.
- Disconnect the windshield washer lines running to the hood. Disconnect the under-hood light if so equipped.
- Remove the bolts attaching the hood to the hood hinges.
- Remove the hood assembly, lifting it off the hood prop.
- Reinstall the hood by placing it in position and installing the hinge bolts. Tighten the bolts snug but not tight. Move the hood until the matchmarks made during removal align with the hinges.
- Check the hood to fender alignment and adjust the hood position as needed. When the hood is properly positioned, tighten the hinge bolts.
- Reconnect the washer lines and any wiring which was disconnected.
- Check the hood latch operation and adjust as necessary. The closed height of the hood is adjusted by turning the rubber stoppers to raise or lower them.
- When properly aligned, the closed hood has even seams on each side and sits at the same height as the fenders.