REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the headlight bezel (trim) and/or the radiator grille, as necessary.
- The sealed beam is held in place by a retainer and either 2 or 4 small screws. Identify these screws before applying any tools.
- Using a small screwdriver (preferably magnetic) and a pair of taper-nose pliers if necessary, remove the small screws in the headlamp retainer. DON'T drop the screws; they vanish into unknown locations.
A good kitchen or household magnet placed on the shank of the screwdriver will provide enough grip to hold the screw during removal.
- Remove the retainer and the headlamp may be gently pulled free from its mounts. Detach the connector from the back of the sealed beam unit and remove the unit from the car.
- Place the new headlamp in position and connect the wiring harness. Remember to install the rubber boot on the back of the new lamp - its a water seal. Make sure the headlight is right-side up.
- Have an assistant turn on the headlights and check the new lamp for proper function, checking both high and low beams before final assembly.
- Install the retainer and the small screws that hold it.
- Reinstall the headlight bezel and/or grille.
See Figures 1 and 2
This type of light is replace from behind the unit. The lens is not removed or loosened.
- Open and support the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiring connector from the back the lamp. Be careful to release the locking tab completely before removal.
- Grasp the base of the bulb holder and collar, twist it counterclockwise (as viewed from the engine compartment) and carefully remove the bulb holder and bulb from the housing.
- Using gloves or a r