REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- To remove the wiper blades lift up on the spring release tab on the wiper blade-to-wiper arm connector.
- Pull the blade assembly off the wiper arm.
- Press the old wiper blade insert down, away from the blade assembly, to free it from the retaining clips on the blade ends. Slide the insert out of the blade. Slide the new insert into the blade assembly and bend the insert upward slightly to engage the retaining clips.
- To replace a wiper arm, unscrew the acorn nut which secures it to the pivot and carefully pull the arm upward and off the pivot. Install the arm by placing it on the pivot and tightening the nut. Remember that the arm must be reinstalled in its exact previous position or it will not cover the correct area during use.
See Figure 2
The wiper blade can be removed by detaching the blade tip from the first wiper arm notch, then sliding the blade off the wiper arm. The new blade is installed by sliding the blade groove through the wiper arm notches.
The wiper arm is removed by lifting up the cap at the bottom of the arm, removing the locknut and lifting the arm free of the pivot. When reinstalling, make sure the arm is installed in its exact previous position before tightening the nut.REPAIR GUIDE TIP:
If one wiper arm does not move when turned on or only moves a little bit, check the retaining nut at the bottom of the arm. The extra effort of moving wet snow or leaves off the glass can cause the nut to come loose - the pivot will turn without moving the arm.
See Figure 3
- Raise the wiper arm away from the windshield until it locks in the upright position.
- Swivel the wiper blade assembly from the wiper arm so the release tab can be accessed behind the assembly.
- Push the retaining tab and slide the wiper blade assembly toward the vehicle (down on the wiper arm) until it is clear of the hook.
- Swivel the wiper blade assembly to a 90 ° angle from the wiper arm and slide up and off of the wiper arm.
- Slide the wiper blade assembly over the wiper arm to clear the hook.
- While guiding the retaining tab into the hook, slide the blade up until the tab engages.
- Lower the wiper arm until the blade contacts the windshield.