REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the motor from the firewall.
- Remove the wiper linkage from the wiper motor assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Remove the wiper arm from the pivot and remove the spacer and washer on the pivot.
- Remove the cover (trim) panel on the inside of the hatch lid.
- Remove the plastic cover on the wiper motor and disconnect the wiring connector from the motor.
- Remove the mounting nuts and bolts and remove the wiper motor.
- When reinstalling, position the motor and secure it in the hatch lid.
- Connect the wiring harness and install the plastic cover.
- Install the inner trim panel on the hatch lid.
- Install the wiper arm with its washer and spacer, making sure the arm is correctly positioned before tightening the nut.