REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the passenger side tire and wheel assembly.
- Lift up the rubber flap on the wheel well to access the module/coil assembly.
- Unplug the module electrical connectors.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wiring from the coils.
- Remove the 3 ignition module/coil assembly-to-block retaining bolts, then remove the assembly from the engine.
- Remove the coils from the ignition module, then separate the module from the assembly plate bracket.
- Install the module to the assembly plate bracket, then install the ignition coils.
- Install the module/coil assembly to the engine block and tighten the retaining bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug cables to the proper coil towers, as noted during removal.
- Attach the module electrical connectors.
- Place the rubber flap back in position and lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.