REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Lower the tailgate to the horizontal position.
- Disengage the cable on the right and left sides from the striker bolts. To accomplish this, pull up on the middle of the cable assembly while raising the gate to a 45 degree angle, but be careful not to pinch the cable between the gate and bed.
- Remove the tailgate from the vehicle by lifting upward on the left side to separate the left hinge assembly, then disengage the right hinge.
- Install the gate to the vehicle by lowering the right hinge assembly into position first, then holding the gate at a 45 degree angle and seating the left hinge assembly.
- Engage the left and right cables to the striker bolts.
- Verify proper tailgate latching and operation.
Align the tailgate so the gaps between all of the components are equal; it must be flush with the fenders. Center the tailgate in the opening between the fenders by adjusting the hinges and/or the striker bolts.