See Figures 1 and 2
The EHCU/BPMV valve is not serviceable and must never be disassembled or repaired. If tests indicate the unit is faulty, the entire assembly must be replaced.
- Tag and disconnect the brake lines from the EHCU/BPMV. Immediately cap or plug all openings to prevent system contamination or excessive fluid loss.
- Tag and unplug the electrical connectors from the EHCU/BPMV.
- Remove the retainers holding the EHCU/BPMV upper bracket to the lower bracket and vehicle. Remove the upper bracket and hydraulic unit as an assembly.
- If necessary, once they are removed from the vehicle, separate the bracket from the EHCU/BPMV.
- If removed, assemble the EHCU/BPMV to its bracket. Install the retainers and tighten to 84 inch lbs. (9 Nm). Be careful as overtightening these bolts can cause excessive noise transfer during system operation.
- Install the assembly into the vehicle, then tighten the retainers 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connectors as tagged during removal. Make certain each is squarely seated and secure.
- Remove the caps or plugs, then connect the brake lines to their original locations, as tagged during removal. Tighten the fittings to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm ).
- Properly bleed the hydraulic brake system, including the EHCU/BPMV valve.